Our Booking Conditions set out clearly and simply the responsibilities we at Air Travel Corporation have to you and which in turn you have to us when a contract is made between us. In these Booking Conditions “you” means all persons named on the booking, including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date. “We” means Air Travel Corporation a trading name of Maxiworld Limited. When signing the booking form for your travel arrangements you will sign on behalf of yourself and others named in your party that you have read, understood and accepted these Booking Conditions and the information provided to you.
1. Booking Procedure - Once you have signed a booking form or in the event of making a booking by telephone as in most cases, you authorise our, or our Agents Reservation Clerk to accept these conditions on your behalf. The required deposit or full payment must be paid in order for our, or our agents reservation clerk to confirm the booking and this contract comes into existence between you and Air Travel Corporation. Bookings may be made by telephone, and you are encouraged to do this to ensure that accommodation, flight seats, car hire or other
services requested are available on the dates required. When confirming your booking Air Travel Corporation will issue you with a confirmation invoice showing the balance payment due and the date it is payable by.
2. Payment - Bookings made within ten weeks of the scheduled date must be accompanied by full payment. If full payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled, and you would incur cancellation charges, which could be up to 100% of the value of the booking. Bookings made outside 10 weeks of departure may be secured by paying a deposit per person. The amount of deposit payable may vary and will be advised to you by the consultant at the time of booking. All deposits are non-refundable, unless in the event that travel arrangements are unavailable. Air Travel Corporation does not accept responsibility for any travel or accommodation arrangements made by you before you have received final confirmation of your booking. Air Travel Corporation hereafter called The Company will take all reasonable care in making arrangements but acts solely as an “ Agent for a Principle”.
3. The Company’s Obligations - The Company has done its best to ensure that the statements made in its web sites & brochure are correct, and we do our utmost to ensure that the holidays offered are properly arranged and that services, accommodation, car hire and organisations used are reputable. Nevertheless arrangements have to be made substantially in advance and difficulties can, occasionally arise. Accordingly, while The Company accepts liability for any loss you may suffer as a direct result of negligence of our employees, we do not accept liability for events, or the acts or omissions of people, outside our control, if you are unfortunate enough to suffer any such problems, your holiday insurance may
provide a measure of compensation.
4. Pricing - All prices quoted are in pounds sterling. Air Travel Corporation reserves the right to amend prices due to currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, government action or hotel rate increases. Prices do not include, unless stated in writing, any tips or porterage of luggage at any airport or hotel, airport or departure taxes, hotel laundry expenses, meals, beverages, entrance fees, guide fees, city sightseeing tours fees, excursion fees, telephone calls and any items that are offered by the hotel, including the contents of room mini-bars or any other
items not detailed on the hotel voucher.
5. Holiday Insurance - You must take out holiday insurance providing cover equal to or better than provided under The Company’s specially arranged insurance. Your attention is drawn to the fact that some of the circumstances, which might necessitate you cancelling your holiday, are ones that would entitle you to make a claim under the insurance. In such situations this would pay for the cancellation charges that The Company would be entitled to charge as described in the next section. Motor insurance is compulsory and is included in the price of the car hire but is not included as separate cover in the standard holiday insurance. Any non standard motor insurance should be notified in writing to use by the client, at an additional cost. Travel insurance must be purchased within 14 days of confirming your booking with The Company.
6. Descriptions - This is drawn from information provided directly by the Hotel. Air Travel Corporation cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies in such information, nor can liability be accepted for changes in facilities, which are not advised to us by the Hotel. Particular features or facilities in hotel descriptions form part of the hotel’s standard offering and their availability can not be guaranteed unless specifically requested by the client and confirmed by Air Travel Corporation in writing.
7. Cancellation By You - If you or any other member of your party wishes to cancel a holiday (or any part thereof) which is subject of a confirmed booking, notice of cancellation must be received by The Company in writing, must be signed by the person who signed the booking form, or in the event of a credit card booking the card holder, and must be either sent by recorded delivery mail or handed in at Air Travel Corporation’s offices during working hours and written receipt obtained. Please note that the policy of our Principles varies so much that we have a general policy to cover all eventualities. Therefore, all arrangements booked through The Company are “ NON-REFUNDABLE” and are subject to 100 per cent cancellation fees, unless otherwise stated on our invoice and therefore insurance is most strongly recommended. Normally amendments/ alterations are not permitted once a booking is confirmed. If however, amendments are possible, an amendment fee over and above
whatever our principle(s) charge is levied. The Company will apply a minimum administration charge of £75 per person in addition to any further charges made by the service provider/s. These charges will also apply in the event that you cancel your holiday due to Foreign Office Advice, airlines withdrawal of services, hostilities, civil or political unrest, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, epidemics, local or national government acts, fires or storms, strikes, airline failure, or any other circumstances regarded as Acts of God.
8. Cancellation By The Company - It may be that particular circumstances outside the control of The Company may result in our having to cancel your holiday. In the event of this being necessary, we will inform you as soon as possible, and will offer you the option of either an alternative holiday of at least comparable standard (if available) or a refund of all monies paid less The Company’s reasonable expenses. The particular circumstances to which this paragraph applies are Foreign Office Advice, airlines withdrawal of services, hostilities, civil or political unrest, natural disasters, epidemics, local or national government acts, fires or storms, strikes, airline failures or any other circumstances regarded as Acts of God. In any of these events The Company will apply a minimum administration charge of £75 per person The
Company may also cancel your holiday at any time after payment of your confirmation invoice if you default in paying the balance due under that invoice by the requested date and no refunds will be made.
9. Amendments/Alterations by You - Normally amendments/alterations are not permitted once a booking is confirmed. If however, amendments are possible, an amendment fee over and above whatever our principle(s) charge is will be levied. The Company will apply a minimum administration charge of £75 per person in addition to any further charges made by the service provider/s. This will also apply in the event that you cancel your holiday due to Foreign Office Advice, airlines withdrawal of services, hostilities, civil or political unrest, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, epidemics, local or national government acts, fires or storms, strikes, airline failure, or any other circumstances regarded as Acts of God. In the event that the Hotel cannot provide the booked accommodation, this may be due to the Hotel’s own over-booking, Air Travel Corporation will offer an alternative of the same standard or higher subject to availability. If there is no availability a full refund will be given for the accommodation. If clients alter their reservations directly with the hotel, Air Travel Corporation MUST be notified immediately. If notification is not given, then the clients will be liable to pay the Hotel directly for any changes that have been made at the Hotel’s rack rates.
10. Alterations By The Company - Minor alterations may occur in the details of your holiday (for example aircraft flight times, change to hotel facilities), and The Company will notify you of such changes as quickly as possible. In the event that the Hotel cannot provide the booked accommodation, this may be due to the Hotel’s own over-booking, Air Travel Corporation will offer an alternative of the same standard or higher subject to availability. Delays caused by weather conditions, technical transport problems, strikes, industrial action or other circumstances outside of our control (other than specified below) are regarded as minor alterations and no refund or compensation can be given in these circumstances. If any major material alteration becomes necessary, e.g. if the scheduled flight booked is changed by more than 12 hours, after your holiday/flight/car hire/accommodation/other service is booked, you have a choice of either:
A. Accepting the amendments as offered.
B. Purchasing another holiday available from us.
C. Cancelling your holiday.
f you choose A or B we will pay you compensation on the scale shown. If you
choose C we will refund you all monies you have paid but no compensation.
Period before scheduled departure Compensation
within which a major change is notified per
to you. person
More than 42 days Nil
15 - 42 days £10
8 - 14 days £15
0 – 7 £20
Please note that compensation payments do not apply where changes are caused by the reason of war, riots, strikes, airline failure, civil strife, terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire, technical problems to transport, closure of airports or any other circumstances regarded as Acts of God.
11. Trade Fairs/Festivals - Hotels often impose supplements or do not give us our usual reductions, which mean that the price you pay may be higher than the hotel’s published rate. This can also happen at any period when rooms are very scarce.
12. Delays - Air Travel Corporation accepts no responsibility for additional expenses due to changes or delays in road, rail, sea or air services or indeed due to any other cause; all such expenses will have to be borne by the client.
13. Passports, Visas and Health Requirements - The clients shall be fully responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents such as passports, visas and health documents are valid. The Company strongly advises clients contact the appropriate authorities for up to date information. The Company cannot accept any responsibility for any loss caused by faulty personal documentation.
14. Documentation - It is imperative that all documentation is checked thoroughly and matches the client’s requirements. Any errors advised at a later date may be subject to an amendment fee.
15. Disputes in Resort - If a client is dissatisfied with any aspect of their Hotel, this MUST be brought to the attention of the hotel management immediately and the Hotel management must be given adequate opportunity to rectify/resolve the situation from the outset. If the Hotelier cannot rectify/resolve the situation to the client’s satisfaction, Air Travel Corporation must be contacted via our local representative or if there isn't one in resort, directly at our main office at the earliest opportunity during their stay, allowing Air Travel Corporation the opportunity to help resolve matters whilst you are still on holiday. If having taken the above action the client is still dissatisfied, complaints should be received in writing within 14 days of the clients return (or for agents within 14 days of the agent being notified).
16. Postage - Tickets are normally dispatched by post. Otherwise clients are required to collect ticket(s) at Air Travel Corporation’s office usually 10 days before departure, unless other arrangements are agreed. Travel Documents can be sent by “ Royal Mail Special Delivery” at your request for an additional £5.00 per booking. The Company accepts no liability for tickets delayed or lost in the post. All tickets remain the property of Air Travel Corporation. For bookings made within 14 days of travel and additional charge of £20.00 per booking may be applicable – our reservations clerk will advise you of this at the time of booking.
17. Return/Onward Flight Confirmations - We advise ONWARD / RETURN flights are reconfirmed 72 hours before departure. Clients must check-in at the appropriate airport/terminal at least 3 hours before departure. All of these conditions laid down are in addition to those of our Principle(s) and cannot be altered unless in writing (see Cancellation By You). Your contract with us is made on the terms of these booking conditions and is subject to English laws and jurisdiction. E& O.E.
All reservations are subject to our terms and conditions and all arrangements for hotel accommodation and other services operated by person or bodies are made by Air Travel Corporation as agents only. Air Travel Corporation shall not be responsible for any damage, loss or inconvenience caused to clients as a result of such arrangements unless caused by Air Travel Corporation’s negligence. Air Travel Corporation disclaims any financial responsibility for the payment of goods or services, which are not stipulated on our documentation, unless authorisation has been obtained from our office in writing. All extras to services stipulated on our documentation must be collected directly from the client. Handwritten amendments to our documentation should be backed up by written confirmation from our office and if the details on the documentation do not agree, with the reservation you are holding, then this office must be contacted immediately. English Law governs all arrangements offered by Air Travel Corporation to its clients, agents, Hotel’s and suppliers.